In replay to Bas van Amersfoort
You clearly stopped reading after the 2nd sentence. 😉
This is exactly the same assignment as the assignment from day 3 last week.
So I will copy-paste:
I have been running Google ads for 4 months. That didn’t produce results. (But some say it needs more time…)
Apart from that I haven’t done any marketing or sales last year.
I get most of my assignments from clients who come back or from people who find me… Read More
1. What I got out of this assignment is that I’m very passive in my life and that I’m waiting for things to get better, instead of acting to make things better.
2. See 1.
3. I wil go watch “the Incredibles”, the Pixar movie this weekend. Haven’t seen it in 10 yearts or so and it’s brilliant.
See if I can find the superhero in myself again.
In replay to Nisandeh Neta
Thank you Nisandeh.
That was a very clear (and very long) 🙂 answer.
I thought this was your view on life.
I guess I am kind of doing already what you suggest.
I tried animation (for 8 years) it doesn’t feel right anymore. (That started after 2 years.)
Now I’m doing trading on the side, hoping to get that profitable. It’s a proces.
We’ll keep going.
I only have 1 product and that is making animations.
That produces all of the results.
I only have a webside and a LinkedIn profile, both are static and I don’t realy do anything with it, but mainly my webside and returning clients are what brings in (all) new assignments.
Vered said: You choose your purpose, You create it.
I have always experienced that I find my purpose.
Some people just know (from a young age, sometimes) what it is they want to do with their live.
That is not a decision, but more something like a ‘calling’.
In my view it is like falling in love. It happens. You can’t decide to fall in love with someone.
I know h… Read More
What does not produce results?
I have been running ads for 4 months. That didn’t produce results.
Apart from that I haven’t done any marketing or sales last year.
I get most of my assignments from clients who come back or from people who find me via google or via via.
(Now I’m fully booked for almost the rest of the year, but I have no grip on why it is so… Read More
Most important values:
In replay to Vered Neta
Why the hell continue: because it brings in money and I need money to survive.
In creating your purpose, I don’t know.
I have had times in my live where I FOUND work/a purpose that FELT just awesome. When I saw I just knew: This is what I want to do.
Like falling in love. You just know it. You feel it. But in my opinion I didn’t create it.
And when it feels right,… Read More
The thing is that I like expressing my creativity.
And animation seemed a way to to do that.
But I don’t believe in advertisements. I always skip every advertisement I see and want to decide myself if I am going to buy something.
But my animations are basicly advertisements now.
So, I don;t realy believe in what I make.
As for my purpose: I have been trying to fin… Read More
Feels like we already did this.
My vision for my business is:
What first comes to mind is: “I don’t have a vision.”
I started making animation because I thought I would like it.
And my businessplan was: If I can make 2 or 3 animation a month and charge 2 or 3K each I can make between 4-9K euach month and that’s enough.
I do think I an good in in gettin… Read More
Focus on: (Goal)
Productivity. (be productive in animation for 4 hours each day.)
Trading. (No more than 3 trades per day/watch 1 lecture each day.)
Re-charge. (Do something fun at least ones a week.)
Fitness. (Get back into the habit of training at least 2 times a week.)
Day 3 and 4.
– Getting to the core of things.
– doubts/lost on purpose
– no clear goals
What was good?
– A lot. Ithink if you follow the program consistantly and implement what you learn it can be very valuable.
What could be improved?
– I could do the WOMB daily instead of only when I feel I have some time left.
– I could be (much) more productive in my work.
– I could implement things from the WOMB instead of not at all.
What could be better in the programm is giving the right information on where I can find the link to the online meeting with … Read More
Hope you are too.
In replay to Sigrid van der Marel
Yes, feeling lost. I haven’t worded it like that before, but that actualy very acurate.
Time for a switch.
But in what direction if you’re lost? 😉
In replay to Rudolph Huizinga
For the kinds words.
What I got out of this week assignment.
That I find it very hard to possition myself and that I feel like not being honest when I tell people where I will bring them.
Because I don’t know if I will.
And I have done this kind of exercise dozens of times before and I always end up bumping into this.
That that ‘big promis’ is just nothing more. A big promis. And everybo… Read More
Day 3 – Why I am qualified, and
Day 4 Where am I going/Where am I taking you?
WHY I am qualified:
– I was a designer for Domino Day for 6 years (2004-2010) and had to come up with creative ideas for domino-setting / patterns / mechanics / techniques to tell a story with toppling Domino’s. So I am a professional creative storyteller. Now I’ve connected that to my pas… Read More
In replay to Marie-Louise Krause
Nice to hear!
Looking forward to it.
In replay to Paul van Aarle
I rewrote my WHO based on a comment from Nisandeh. So now my Why gets different:
I help MKB businesses with a complex (unique?) specialist service.
Because I believe that a lot of businesses have a wonderfull service that can help thousands of people but they miss out on a lot of customers because they have trouble getting their message across on how their great serv… Read More
I help MKB businesses with specialist services.
Ah. That makes my why different. Will comment on it…
Why I would like to help them?
I had to make an animation when I was a student on the Design Academy. That trimester was the most fun of the whole education.
I couldn’t go to sleep cause I ‘had to make a few drawings more’ and I stood up 1 hour earlier cause I wanted to continue my animation.
There I found a real passion for creating animation. Creating a world out of… Read More
Who do I want to help?|
I help MKB business and organizations who wnat to explain their complex product or service in a simple to understand 90 second animation.
And yes, I got the email now. Thanks!
Every day I tell myself: Today I’m going to work on the WOMB .
And then the day is over and live happened. I again I didn’t get to doing the work in this program.
I think it is because until now it only costs (time and money) and it didn’t bring anything yet.
It’s kind of the same as going to the gym. I know you need to go, but often I don’t because… Read More
In replay to Gerdy Heek
Maybe one of these links might help you?
There is a lot more, but maybe this is not at all what you are looking for. (?)
What is my goal?
Maybe this is the biggest issue.
That I don’t have (choose) clear goals.
In 2015 I set a goal of earning 6 figures.
I never thought I would make it, but I did.
So I just need to set a New goal.
Here it is:
I want to earn 6 figures or more, while in a relaxed state, loving what I do, and staying healthy and strong.
1. I made 6 points with each 3 point of things related to animation, but I don’t see a book or a course in it that I think people would like to buy.
2. I learned that if you look better, or in a different way, there might be a lot more value in what you already have, or know, then you first thought.
3. Biggest insights:
– Give first (It’s written on the wall behind Nis… Read More
My question for tonight is:
Can you find your passion back when it is gone, in the same thing, or do you need to move on to something else?
I make animations. I choose to do that because I loved making an animation when I studied on the Design Academy.
The first year was great. The second year also and I made 100K.
Since then I somehow lost my drive… Read More
6 “lessons” form WHiteboard Animation.
1. Script writing.
– Get the essence.
– What’s in it for me?
– Call to action
– Using colour.
3. Voice Over.
– Man or woman?
– A trusting voice.
– Tone of voice.
– Adobe Premiere
– Adobe After effects
5. Client contact
– Kn… Read More
I’m kind of running behind in this program.
I would love to keep up but can’t seem to find the time right now.
I will get in again I promise.
And I know I have to give webinars.
And I know I should write a book.
And I know I have to make video’s.
And I know I should do more with SEO, social media, blogging etc etc.
But I also get a bit overwelmed by all of this,… Read More
I made a breakthrough in trading last week.
Backtested a system over the weekend with very good results.
My first day yesterday live in the marked got crazy good results. (As in 10% + gain in a day.)
1 day is too soon to realy know, but I think I am on to something here.
This week is very busy with animation, I will do my best to stay on track but I might miss a day … Read More
In replay to Manny Moerman
I have contacted him.
Thank you Nisandeh,
So, what you say is to actively connect to and refine my why every day. In other words I am going to actively manufacture my Why?
Until now I have been ‘hoping to find’ my Why, and that hasn’t worked for the last 30 years or so.
This might work the same for love. Instead of hoping to find love, actualy start creating it by investing in it every d… Read More
In replay to Maru Lizarrraga
WOW , that is an inspiring list Maru!
That is an inspiring answer Nisandeh.
I will meditate on this as well.
Week 10 – Day 3
Yesterday I had some kind of ‘breakthrough’ by realising that I do not want to be an expert in animation, but I could see myself becoming an expert in creativity.
I got very exited about that and it felt as if this could realy be something.
Now, 1 day later that feeling is totaly gone. I think I am creative but giving talks about it or creating courses a… Read More
Week 10 – Day 2
What would I like to be know for as an expert?
1. When I was a kid and the Rubick’s Cube was invented, I thought: “Someday I am going to invent something brilliant that will sell around the world and I will be rich and never have to work again.” That’s something I actualy still would love to experience. To have invented something smart (and simple) th… Read More
That wouldn’t have happened if you wouldn’t have asked me.
So thanks again!
In replay to Marcel Dassen
I get a big smile and shivers down my spine reading this comment. 🙂
Thank you Vered for your answer!
At first I thought: “No, you are wrong.”
But I contemplated for 5 minutes what you said and an AHA-moment happend!
I still don’t feel I want to be an expert in animation.
But what I do see myself as, is as an expert in creative thinking/creativity/problemsolving/innovation/intelligence, something along those lines.
This might be… Read More
In making animations I do not feel I want to become an expert.
I rather want people to choose for me, IF the like my style of drawing and animating.
If they don’t, then they go to someone else, that’s fine.
I would like to be seen as an artisist. Some like Kandinski, some don’t. Some like Rembrand some don’t. It’s fine.
The same goes for singers or musicians. If you… Read More
I have been making animations for 8 years.
I have been starting wirh trading, the last year.
I think I would like to become a full time trader. (I am making progress, but I am not profitable yet.)
I like the challenge and the analitical side, but I hasitate if trading is a reachable goal to make money.
My anination business has bee… Read More
I will go on vacation to Spain tomorrow.
I thought I was going to continue this program while on vacation, but I think I am not.
I am going to disconnect as much as possible.
Will be back on the 20th of august.
Hope I haven’t missed too much by then.
We’ll talk again soon.
Week 5 – Day 5.
Last week I decided to start giving webinars.
I set up a brainstorm this week, in the brainstorm section.
We sat for 30 minutes with 4 people, talking about giving webinars, what the content could be in my case, how I could fill the webinar and what software to use.
It was a crazy valuable meeting.
I can advise everybody to start brainstorming with … Read More
Week 5 – Day 4
In the 8 years I have my business I’ve worked with about a hundred clients and I haven’t had any bad experiences.
Most people are just fine. So I guess I maybe haven’t found a un-ideal client yet?
Therefor I wouldn’t know how to transform them. (And I don’t the need for it, to … Read More
Thank you Sigrid!
That for sure is true.
I’m like: “First I have to earn enough money, then I have time to figure out what I want ot do with my life.”
But to be honest, in a year where I made 100K I didn’t realy get that clarity anyway.
I am going to spent some time on thinking about the ideal me, instead of the ideal clients:
Right now I have not enough work, so I think: ‘every client is welcome, wether they are ideal or not.”
Would you say this is the wrong mindset and I should focus on ideal client … Read More
In replay to Rens de Nobel
First of all, can I give you BIG COMPLEMENTS on your story telling skills. Your style of writing is amazing. I think it’s a talent of yours and you should do something with that, if you don’t allready do that.
Regarding Anna and Nicolas, there is this organisation that gives loans to people who need it, by finding other people willing to loan or give their m… Read More
Week 5 – Day 3
My commitment regarding ideal clients.
When my agenda is full/when I have enough work:
80% of new clients need to be ideal clients.
When I do not have enough work:
0% of new clients need to be Read More
Week 5 – Day 2.
1. Company or organisation with a complex product or service. Or a complex message.
2. They are able to invest (money is not a problem).
3. They value handmade work and craftmanship.
4 .They struggle with how to tell their story.
5. They have an urgent need to express their message a new and original way.
6. They are flexible in the… Read More
Week 6 – Day 1
WHY I want to work with ideal clients:
1. Those people will give me more energy
2. I will look foward to starting my day more then I do now.
3. They will bring in more clients so marketing ans sales become much easier
4. They will be happier with the value I bring which mak… Read More
Week 5 – Day 3 -> to late for posting, was on vacation.
Week 5 – Day 4 -> Was on the training in the evening. Very valuable!
Week 5 – Day 5 -> WHOOP WHOOP! completely back on track in this weekend, after missing almost 2 weeks.
First brainstorm meeting is planned and I already 4 people signed up.
Decided to start giving webinars, to gain more clients for a… Read More
Week 5 – Day 2 (caugt up after vacation)
I have blocked ecery day from 12:00 – 13:00 to work on WOMB and implement the commitments I choose.
Week 4 – Day 5 (caught up after vacation)
Putting it all together:
Commitment to NEW:
– Start calling old clients 6 months, 12 months and 2 years after I deliverd their animation, to ask how things are going.
Commitment to MORE:
– Spend serious effort on this WOMB training.
– Tidy my desk and my house
– Plan my day and stick to the plan.
Commitment to LES… Read More
I now remeber Nisandeh saying that when you have a hrad timing comming up with ideas, then it is realy time to force your brain to think harder.
And not give up.
6. Giving up. (Maybe giving up too soon, cause sometimes giving up is the perfect thing to do.)
7. Try to get approval from people for what I do, or for who I am.
8. Sending memes or funny video’s … Read More
Week 4 – Day 4 (caught up after vacation)
1. Caring about what others might think of it.
2. Thinking that life should be different then what it is.
3. Telling myself life is ‘too hard’ while I live in the most abundant time in history.
4. Accepting that I feel down, or tired, or not in the mood, instead of raising my energy and improving my state.
5. … Read More
Week 4 – Day 3 (caught up after vacation)
What to do LESS of:
1. Wasting time on Facebook and YouTube.
3. Sign up for online programs that will teach me how to improve my business
4. Watch tv/movies in the evening (instead: meet friends or read a book or go outside.)
5. Reacting to thing that pop-up before considering if this has priority over s… Read More
one more popped up, the best one, but I don’t like it.
16. New to do: start giving webinars.
It’s going to be a gamechanger but out of my comfortzone.
So I am going to do it anyway.
Week 4 – Day 2 (caught up after vacation)
What to do MORE of:
1. Posting on LinkedIn
2. Use more colour in my animations
3. Ask clients to write a review in Google and/or LinkedIn
5. Spend serious effort on this WOMB training.
6. Tidy my desk and my house
7. Connect with clients on a human level, show interest in the person, not only in the coope… Read More
Week 4 – Day 1 (caught up after vacation)
1. Writing Blogs regularly
2. Hiring a Marketing company
3. Doing daily drawing excersizes to get better at drawing. (mailnly figures/puppets/people)
4. Start telling people that I make the best animations in the Netherlands
5. Build a drawing course en sell it as an online program.
6. Start using Instagram
… Read More
Week 4 – day 1
I will find 10 – 15 minutes a day by spending 15 minutes a day less on fb/yt.
That is mostly wasted time anyway.
The same goes for 2-3 hours a week.
(Yes I waste so much time on watching/reading mostly nonsence.)
(I’m on vacation now, but took some time to read my e-mail and do this assignment today. I will also still do last week and the rest … Read More
I will go on vacation today.
So I will not be joining thois program for the next 2 weeks.
Will be back here on monday the 25th!
What did you get out of this week’s assignment?
– At this point there is no need to automate a lot, so I didn’t play full out is week
What is the automation plan (WHY, WHAT x2, HOW and WHEN) you commit to implement?
– I am not going to automate anything yet, at this point.
What did you learn from doing this week’s process?
– That I thought I was someone who wou… Read More
Week 3 – Day 4 – How to automate.
For now I am going to skip this automate-part.
I will get back to this step later in the program, or when I feel automating will benefit my business.
At this point I think it doesn’t make sence.
Thanks for this extencive answer Nisandeh.
I was behind due of illness. But back again.
I did not celebrate anything, last friday but will again next week.
I’m going to delegate part of making animations, but for that I first need new assignments.
So all work in progress still…
My question is:
The last 3 months have been the slowest of me making animations for 8 years: almost no new assignments, way too little work and too little income. (While december 2021 was my best month ever.)
Delegating or automating is the last thing I want to be busy with. First I need to just get work in again.
So doing this course and coming up wi… Read More
Week 3 – Day 2 – WHAT to automate:
1. Cutting out drawings in photoshop to use them as .png in After Effects
2. Sceduling a call
3. Typing certain words faster/easier
My brain doesn’t seem to work right now. I will add to this list later today.
Week 3 – Day 1 – WHY automate.
(I must say that at this point I see no need to automate a lot..)
But I’m going to answer this question anyway.
1. To save time (but time is not the problem at this point.)
2. Get rid of boring work.
3. It might prevent mistakes.
4. It frees me a little more of my business
5. My business will work for me more and I will work f… Read More
Today I have a pretty intens fever.
I’ll be back tomorrow (or the day after) with my answers.
Week 2 – day 3.
WHO to delegate to.
1. Student from animation academy.
3. Arnold Zwanenburg
4. Via Fiverr.
5. RSA Animates. (https://www.wearecognitive.com/the-rsa) (The work they make inspired me to start making animations.)
7. Some animation wizkid in Indonesia or Poland.
8. Via Werkspot.nl
9. Ferry van Schijndel – Hocus Spocus animatie… Read More
Week 2 – Day 2.
What to Delegate.
1. Cleaning my house. (Done.)
2. Social Media.
4. E-mail marketing.
5. Advertising. (Done.)
6. Answering the phone.
8. Intake meeting with client.
9. Writing the script.
10. Voice over from script. (Done.)
11. Animating. As in: making the movements in my animations of drawings and text. While I do the actua… Read More
Week 2 – Day 1
1. Because Richard Branson (who runs 400 companies) says he is only good at 1 thing: delegating.
2. Because it will make my business scalable.
3. Because it will make it possible to sell my business one day.
4. Because it will make me grow.
5. Because it is a challenge.
6. Because it will expand my comfort zone.
7. Because for to ma… Read More
1 more celebration: I will take my boys out for pizza tonight.
1. What did you get out of this week’s assignment?
– A brilliant idea from Nisandeh on how to get more assignments from dream clients.
– The experience that if you just ask a brilliant business mind for an idea, you might get an answer.
– That it is actually pretty easy to generate 50+ ideas for answers for a question.
– That stating a problem I experienc… Read More
How do I get a constant stream of new assignments? (Day 5)
53. Contact a salesteam. explain that, instead of them trying to convince people over the phone to buy something, they can now phone people to only ask if they can send them a 2 minute video. More people will say yes, and they can call much more people per day. Then phone them back the next day and now the anima… Read More
This is also very inspiring (for me, I guess for others too).
I am still in ‘waiting what we have to do next’-modus.
Good to know it is an option to just get started right away. 🙂
In replay to Machiel Emmering
If I may ask Machiel,
If you did listbuilding/mailing/funnels/advertsing/pixels/tags/posting content, and you now feel this is a good idea to do again.
Why did you stop??
How do I get a constant stream of new assignments? (day 4)
37. Start making animations for dreamclients with no assignment, and email them and ask them: how can I make this perfect for you? Then make it perfect and charge them if they want to use it. (Idea from Nisandeh, best idea so far, thank you Nisandeh.)
38. Call 1 existing client every day of the week. That is 25… Read More
That is good to know!
I am very curious about what he made. 🙂
Thanks for the feedback Gerdy!
WOW , Nisandeh!
Thank you so much. This is perfect. I will for sure implement this.
(Although the numbers will be different, I can make about 2 to 3 animations a month, 4 if I work weekends and evenings, so instead of the 100 you mentioned, it will be more like 35, if I have no other clients.)
The cool thing about this strategy also is, that when buisiness goes … Read More
Thanks for answering Nisandeh.
One of my ANSWERS to my question was: “Ask what Nisandeh would do.”
So, here I go:
What would you do, Nisandeh, to get a constant stream of new assignments if you had an animation business?
How do I get a constant stream of new assignments? (day 3)
27. Improve on SEO
28. Write a blog every day for 1 year.
29. cooperate with influencers.
30. Find clients who will need something new every year (something like schools who need new books every year.)
31. Make 1 animation every 2 months for free, for the New York Post (or for Gary Vaynerchuk) in exchange fo… Read More
I asked the question: “How do I get a constant stream of new assignments.”
But the reason is, that I want to earn money.
So is a better question: “How do I get a constant stream of income?”
But the reason for money is to be happy and without worries or struggle.
So would a better question be: “How do I become happier and more at peace?”
Shall I also start with aski… Read More
How do I get a constant stream of new assignments? (Day 2)
I realised today that I want assignment to make money.
So my question would be better: “How do I get a constant stream of money?”
(if that money does not come from assigments, that would be just fine by me.)
But we were suppose to stick to 1 question for now, so I will do that for now.
16. Hire a full… Read More
Good to know Gerdy.
It’s not something I think I know how to do yet and be profitable, it’s just brainstorming ideas for now.
But if I could figure this one out, it would be a gamechanger, probably.
In replay to Claudia Benmesahel
Raise your price?
How do I get a constant stream of new assignments?
1. Advertise (started last week.)
2. Post more frequently on LinkedIn?
3. Connect to old/existing clients again.
4. Outsource my marketing and sales
5. Work together with other animators
6. Upgrade my quality of work so high everyone wants to have what I make.
7. Somehow start making viral content
8. Start someki… Read More
1. I am an amazing animator
2. In my business, I am lousy animator
3. I want to become known as the Albert Einstein of the 21st century. Or as an inventor. Or as a friendly person.
4. The best thing about my business is that it gives me freedom
5. The one thing I definitely need to change about my business is doing everything myself/get my work out of the equasion
6. What … Read More
But I must say:
All of these 7 points seem pretty important to consider.
We are kind of the same.
I also think profit margins are for most people a top priority.
(Or should be.)
1. Your expert position;
2. Profit margins
3. How to work smarter, not harder
The first thing I want my business to bring me is money.
But I hope that ‘enough money’ will bring me peace of mind and happiness, so in the end that’s what I want and I see money as a way to get there.
Thinking about it now, that might not be true. Maybe money does not bring peace of mind or happiness?
If the money was ‘steady and more than enough’, than I could buy … Read More
In replay to Lucie Klaassen
So nice to see you work with horses. They are such wise animals.
Wo could all learn so much from them.
1.) What is your/your business big vision?
I haven’t found a real clear purpose yet. (i’m only 50, so there is time…) 😉
Although I know I am a creative guy and I have always loved to come up with creative solutions.
My business is now making animations (animeerwaarde.nl) and I do like it, but I also feel there might be ‘something else’.
When I was a disigner fo… Read More
Bonus tip: Create a PLAY account.
Start with setting 1% of your income in that account. Now the rule is: you have to spend that money every month!
And do it on things that make you feel rich.
So if you want to be on the water, don’t hire a rowing boat for a full day, but hire a yacht for half an hour.
You will find you are going to want to make more money because y… Read More
In replay to Naomi Dongelmans
When you are not happy, (with your employees, you mean, I’m sure) fire people.
That is such an important one!
I learned this from my father who had a backery his whole life.
He thought so many times: ‘maybe next month they will do better’.
It never worked. When you found a good employee, you will know so very quickly.
– Be grateful every day for all the money that is flowing in your direction every day more easily in bigger and bigger quantities.
– Learn Crypto.
– Put a certain amount of money in indexfunding every month.
– Learn to understand the power of compound interest.
– See all the money in the world as the water in the sea. The sea doesn’t care if you go to the beach and fi… Read More
– Don’t buy the cheapest. Buy the best.
A higher price up front might save you money in the long run.
– Work from home.
– Go digital as much as possible.
– Get work done by people in countries like India or Romania. They are often highly educated and skilled but much cheaper.
My biggest change came when I started to believe that they should be happy to have found me, instead of that I should be happy if someone would buy.
So don’t be needy. Be confident in that you are valuable.