6. How I am going to celebrate when reaching the goal in 2023? Throwing a rousing party in our garden with all the music and so on; sharing with friends and family how beautiful life can be.
1. My goal for this year: a running business with personal entrepreneurship for at least half time and half entrepreneurial income: i.e. 30 k. Euros. At the same time winding down with half of my salaried employment.
2. Why I did not achieve it till now: excuses I can think of are laziness and lack of discipline, but I know those are not the real obstacles. They are the… Read More
Day 5: my progress is enormously, especially on the fields of creating ideas, making irresistable offers en implementing the best insights I have. Last thursday the biggest insight I got was that life is! That means, what there is now you can’t change and accept it, knowing that it is my own choice to change thing from now on to live the life I want in the future. A big th… Read More
When I have to mention 1 big thing that was extraordinary worthful: the VIP product! This way of making a irrestible offer to my clients. I celebrate everyday and of course this weekend with all the parties I sure will celebrate further also because of this weeks movement.
I really learned a lot. It is incredibly difficult to just list the insights, new ways of working, new ways of thinking and new ideas I have gained. It is simply too much to list. What is most important is the realization that this has been a uniquely wonderful time to evaluate. If I can put even 10% of everything into practice with my new business, even then I am… Read More
What I saw at other participants was that there were enormous long stories with deep analyses of their problems en business issues. I admire some of them who tell the stories with such a expertise, that I think they must succeed as entrepreneurs. In case of me, I am going to start a new business and I am almost jealous of what these entrepreneurs write about their … Read More
What appreciate, love and admire of myself.
That’s a difficult question, because that’s mostly something that other can tell me. But I give it a try.
– I am humoristic.
– I always look at the bright side of life.
– I am social to others.
– I keep on trying in efforts to do things good.
– I love to make it relaxed to other people.
– When I am angry it lasts not mor… Read More
Day 5. How I will respond when triggers of selfsabotage cross my path.
Not knowing exactly what to do: I communicate with a expert at that specific problem.
2. Fear of Failure
What if I miss the marketpotential/new clients: I talk to another entrepreneur in the same branche as in which my company is operating.
There is so much t… Read More
Day 4. The values and goals I can extract from my self sabotage items.
Not knowing exactly what to do: spending a lot of time in investing how I must do it: I go spend time every day a bit. So there is transformation daily.
2. Fear of Failure
What if I miss the marketpotential/new clients: I make prognoses but feel unsecure if it is reasonable:… Read More
Day 3. The costs.
Not knowing exactly what to do: spending a lot of time in investing how I must do it.
2. Fear of Failure
What if I miss the marketpotential/new clients: I make prognoses but feel unsecure if it is reasonable.
There is so much to do in familylife for example: I feel guilty not to do this family/householding … Read More
Day 2. My triggers.
Not knowing exactly what to do.
2. Fear of Failure
What if I miss the marketpotential/new clients.
There is so much to do in familylife for example.
In the evening I do almost nothing at WOMB .
My life now is reasonably good.
Day 1. This I recognize.
2. Fear of Failure
This week, at least, I learned that you should never stop creating ideas. There is a surprising new idea every week, it turns out.
Thank you Nisandeh. It was all clear for me.
The insights: exponential growth and understanding how fast things are deteriorating in the world. Don’t live from fears. Focus on what you can change. Focus on what you are grateful for, choose the right mindset. Always ask yourself whether what I am doing is helping me or what I am doing with is not helping me in my life.
Day 5. The strategic plans in 2023.
In March 2023, I found a printer for the maps and will add them to the process from booking by the customer to the achieving of the holiay. This will provide an extra experience and WOW effect to the customer. The biweekly action offer: during 2023, it should be possible to offer a new package trip at least once every 2 weeks. This w… Read More
Day 4. New marketingactivity.
2 weekly offer making.
Day 3. A new product.
A personalize map of Bavaria for our own company, to be issued to bookers of our trips. On this map there is every hidden secret gem top place of Bavaria.
Day 2 New Marketingactivities.
1. Marketing plan for products marketing.
2. Marketing plan for travel sales.
3. Direct marketing through leaflets locally.
4. Advertisements in weekly newspapers.
5. Ads in travel magazines.
6. PR in local media, offline and online.
7. Weekly newsletter.
8. 2 weekly offer making.
9. Trade show visits.
10. At the Utrecht travel fai… Read More
Day 1. New product/services.
1. Advent beer package sales.
2. Selling Advent wine packages.
3. Organize coach trip high end.
4. Sell Oktoberfest clothing.
5. Develop and organize Oktoberfest trips large and small groups.
6. Sell Christmas items from Bavaria.
7. Renting out vacation home.
8. Create digital travel guide Bavaria.
9. Personalize map of Bavari… Read More
Day 5: difficult to improve, because I have not much knowledge of this all. I have to hire people who are specialists in this area. A plan for this I don’t have at this time. It is useful to have this in view with the prospect of my new business start-up, though.
– Difficult: whatsapp communication, email communication, website functionalities, processes, terms and condi… Read More
Day 4: what requirer some effort:
– website visit analysis, newsletter response analysis, update on the holiday regions, periodic conversations with holiday destination parties, periodic contact with our premium partners, accounting actions, private especially the housekeeping tasks: these are taks that I listed to rely upon by the time I really start with my new busines… Read More
– Easy to optimize: newsletters, facebook messages, instagram messages: my plan is to reorganise this by planning al the actions in advance, by calendering it.
Day 2. The 3 lists: easy, some effort and difficult to optimize:
– Easy:newsletters, facebook messages, instagram messages,
– Some effort: website visit analysis, newsletter response analysis, update on the holiday regions, periodic conversations with holiday destination parties, periodic contact with our premium partners, accounting actions, private especially the hous… Read More
Day 1, what produces something in my company:newsletters,
facebook messages, instagram messages, whatsapp communication, email communication, website visit analysis, newsletter response analysis, contact form response, website messages, update on the holiday regions, periodic conversations with holiday destination parties, periodic contact with our premium partners, acco… Read More
What I learned and the insights. It was a very useful hotseat session again! Thanks!
1. Monitor your company’s results. I.e. the numbers and not necessarily the money.
2. Create content that interests your target audience, nothing else.
3. The 3 things in your life that support should offer you: it should make life simpler, cheaper and easier.
4. Don’t give discoun… Read More
Day 5. For me it is difficult, but necessaire to do, cause communication is THE thing to do excellent I think. It is difficult, because there is at least good help necessary. I have not much experience in this.
Create and implement a communication plan: contact a bureau that is good in this.
Automate and integrate multichannel set-up for communication with customers: c… Read More
Day 4. These things take some effort to double down and will be more clear on the moment our new business/website is in the air.
Optimize Instagram account: make it feel and look that people are attracted to book a grouptravel initerary.
Creating Instagram posts: plan it once or more frequent a week.
Organize trips in small group on a trial basis: do this every year to… Read More
Day 3. The plans for things that need to be done to double down my business.
Daily closing day meeting at 9 am with tea: put in the agenda and hold each other accountable for it. Optimize Facebook page.
Setting goals; Create daily goals. weekly goals; Making monthly goals; Multi-year goals: every week on Sunday checking if the goals are realistic.
Set up a review syst… Read More
– Easy to double down:
Daily closing day meeting at 9 am with tea.Optimize Facebook page.
Create daily goals. weekly goals.
Making monthly goals.
Set up a review system.
Leveraging Linkedin for corporate travel.
Ask (potential) customers what they want and expect.
– Take some effort to double down:
Optimize Instagram a… Read More
Day 1: what works for me, what I must focus on, I am going to double down.
1. Setting goals.
2. Optimize Facebook page.
3. Set up a review system.
4. Leveraging Linkedin for corporate travel.
5. Optimize Instagram account.
6. Creating Instagram posts.
7. Daily closing day meeting at 9 am with tea.
8. Create daily goals.
9. Create weekly goals.
10. Making monthly … Read More
Day 3, 4 and 5.
I am in the start-up phase with my new business and do not yet have all the insights into what will be better in my new business. All in all, it is not very difficult to remove my things that are not working. Some are harder than others but by being aware of these items that are not working, I automatically come to remove them from my business.
Easy to eliminate: ad hoc actions, hoping it will result in something. This I can easily stop right away
– letting me (ab)use for customers shopping. I have to start consciously looking at whether I should put a lot of time into it and be clear towards the customer without offending the customer.
– not distinguish between what I offer front end an… Read More
Day 1. What does not produce results in my business.
– giving advice to anyone, no matter what the question is.
– letting me (ab)use for customers shopping
– not distinguish between what I offer front end and back end
-ad hoc actions, hoping it will result in something
This produced some good results.
1. Word of mouth.
2. Place article in local media.
3. Cooperation with parties in the Netherlands that are also active in Bavaria.
4. Approach accommodations for closer cooperation.
5. Expanding the range of products by looking outside the travel world.
1. Make one price without qualifications.
2. Make clear in advance what is included and what is not included in the price.
3. Newsletters with the sample trips.
4. Direct mail with a special trip for quick decision makers.
5. Organise Bavarian evenings for local exposure.
6. Asking exactly what customers want especially through e-mails.
I have since learned from the following mistakes and am in preparation for a new business, from which a much more concrete business model can be made.
The failures that costed a lot of time, energy and money
1) giving free advice
2) one year free trial
3) extensive market research Netherlands
4) extensive market research Germany
5) making the perfect end pr… Read More
The most important values for me in my business are:
2) Customer experience
Reducing stress in the world, by helping people experience the romance of visiting Bavaria.
Day 5: There are a few points that I still don’t feel good about and need to work on for a good start to my business. 1. How do I reach the target audience? Goal: have an understanding of where to reach the target group and how to reach them fastest and best. 2. How do I make an offer, where the price is good, i.e. where a profit is made/what is a good price in the market?… Read More
Day 4: weaknesses are: being disciplined, i.e. being consistent, doing the right work with regularity. Another weakness is procrastination. I also find it a weakness that I do not yet have a real detailed developed marketing plan that I can start with.
Day 3: The strength of me and my business is the choice of a niche market, in which there is still a lot to explore and which I know a lot about. It is my strength that I am an expert in the Netherlands and that there are not many experts in the field to which I will organise group tours. The strength is also that because of my choice, enthusiasm and belief that I can offe… Read More
Day 2. Without detracting from the great set-up and content of all the assignments, for me, 1 part stands out very much: the workshop on Thursday morning with the VIP product, what a magic formula!!!
For myself, I think I applied the part of what do my customers want, particularly well. I delved further into this last week and picked up the material from a few weeks ag… Read More
Day 1. What could be better in the programme: the programme caused me unnecessary stress in the first weeks. I.e. I was searching how to deal with all these insights. After a few weeks, it got better. I realised, and Nisandeh also made it clear, that it is more important to focus on a few issues than on all the ideas you have. Better to do a few things well, than a lot of … Read More
Day 4: Where? we will take you to places from which you will come back as reborn. All together we wil place the W’s of this week on our new website under about us.
Biggest insight from yesterdays hotseatsession:
1. properly explain to clients how you work, as this will save people from wrongly thinking you can do something for them.
2. if customers take 1 step in the… Read More
Hello Nisandeh, I am late, but a question anyway.
It happens frequently that I have received a request in which the customer states exactly what they want, but after I have answered them, they do not respond anymore. I then send an email to that customer, but even then I get no more response. How could I make sure that the customer stays in touch with me. Thank you in ad… Read More
In replay to Sigrid van der Marel
What a great way you described the why!!!!
I like to post the first 3 points together.
1. Who? We want to help the people who like to travel to nature and culture and love to experience it in a group on a trip together.
2. Why? We want to help those people because we love to make people’s time on earth more beautiful by showing the beautiful destination of Bavaria and by arranging it with other people that fit th… Read More
My insights: customers especially want quick answers to a question rather than a lot of information about what you do. That’s why a book works so well. If your name is on the book, that alone is a good advertisement for your business. Always write and talk in answers, that’s what people remember. Speak the text and then write it down, that makes the book easy to read.
In replay to Nisandeh Neta
Thank you! Really looking forward for tomorrow.
1. Why I need to write an expert book.
Becoming well-known in my field.
Gain trust from clients.
Learning more about my field/specialism.
Gain new insights.
Gain more contacts within the playing field of my business.
Be able to offer clients something extra and valuable.
Reach new sales channels and target groups.
Continuous flow of income.
Publicity in the mark… Read More
My biggest valuable insights from this evening:
1. You don’t go through problems or difficulties, but you gain new experiences.
2. Make sure you have plan B and C in your head, then you will show more confidence.
3. If you understand something really well, then you can play with it.
Day 1 and 2
1) make the best wanderings in Bavaria: booklet with tours, studying new tours and seek the experts at location.
2) eat the best dishes: sending pakets to clients, cooperate with restaurants and cooperate with company in food.
3) meet the most authentic companies en their stories: make a magazine with insiders, make movies from the people/activities and o… Read More
Last week’s challenge to write a book: it is surely useful, but at this time not really applicable to me. Why I shoud write a book is to inspire people, and giving information, motivation, surprises. For it’s important to gain more acknowledge and to see what I already know and what not yet. And leave a legacy. Chapters I can write of are there a lot, such as wise lessons … Read More
My biggest insights:
The magic of the formula you created to define value for clients.
Deliver value is all you have to do to charge more.
For all aspect of the formula it is super helpful to make lists with problems and solutions for that.
The VIP product I have in mind is the product that is what I want to create as the base for all my products I think. I sure am … Read More
I realise that I am late, but I did not have enough time this week and it took some time.
1. the Why. Be the number 1/be the point of contact/be a reliable partner/supplier/To charge a higher hourly rate/Gain recognition/be distinctive/focus/ gain trust/serve customer optimally/expand network in my field of expertise
2. the what to be known as expert. Bavaria speciali… Read More
And my biggest insight from the hot seat: there was so much, but what is very good to keep working on are the 7 stages you need to accomplish to have a succesfull product for the market!
Here are my ideas still from last week:
Day 4: do something unexpected.
1) give extra information that the customer can use but has not (yet) asked for
2) Give a “gift”: nice tip, nice picture, etc.
3) Send a nice message/card when returning home
4) A discount voucher for the trip
5) “Travel log / photo book”.
I think you do the WOW in one way that wo… Read More
After discovering the ideal customer, the next question is occupying my mind. How important is it that a client knows you personally/your personal life?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Day 3: about how to be more personal to a client.
1) Always address the customer as a person, especially in written contact.
2) aim for at least one time personal contact (by phone/team) when a customer feels the need.
3) Share many personal stories on social media so that the customer knows who you are and he or she has the feeling to know you.
4) Send all written… Read More
Day 1: making it easier for clients:
1) own digital environment where all travel info is shared with the customer
2) with a chat function where the customer can ask questions 1 on 1
3) digital route
4) Digital travel information of highlights and hidden gems to be visited.
5) digital environment remains intact as long as the customer is a customer
Day 2: Giving m… Read More
I have many potential businesspartners and a few businesspartners who that I want to be the ideal client for them. The realtion though is short, due to the fact that I am starting my new businesslot in which I have a relatively short connection with suppliers. What I already have been doi… Read More
I think I am a ideal client to my webdesigner. That means that I had experiences with another before. That person was technically not bad but I needed to hire persons for the design and couldn’t find something good together. This webdevelopper/webdesigner is perfect how he does everything … Read More
Day 2, 3 and 4. Excuse me for being so late with this.
Gain trust first, show interest in the person and their lifestyle and then get the information.
Choice between calling and personal contact is up to the client’s preference (with the limitation of physical ability).
Question 1. how is your family composition? (But in the words that fit. If you see… Read More
What would I want to know and as my ideal client?
1) who is he
2) what does he get excited about?
3) what does he dream about?
4) what does he consider important?
5) when is a vacation successful for him?
6) what does quality mean to him?
7) what is at the top of his bucket list?
8) is… Read More
This is how I see my ideal cllient:
1) loves quality
2) Loves luxury but not excessively so
3) Loves to be well prepared
4) Loves everything well organized
5) Loves sociability
6) Spends money for a well-organized vacation
7) is in the age of 35 to 65.
8) family, job, but enjoy the freedom of choice (can do what you want to do but in moderation)
9) works to … Read More
Reasons to work with ideal client:
1. the client fits me
2. i know what message this client wants to hear
3) I know how this client thinks.
4) I know what holiaytrips this client likes
5) I speak the same language.
6) this client gives me energy in stead of puls my energy down.
7) this clie… Read More
I saw this week that the beginning of the day making time to overlook your business is the most effective time to do it!
My question to Nisandeh: when it comes to the most important tasks that I need to do in order to really take a step forward in my business, there is a resistance in me somewhere, which makes it very difficult for me to actually start that task. What is the way to start right away or what is the way to find out what the personal resistance is and how to overcome it? Thank y… Read More
That’s for me every day 15 minutes before my working day starts. The 2 till 3 hours once a week I can plan on the sundaymorning, starting on 7.30 hour, before going to sport by running a round. That means, that I stop sleeping in the morning, but come out of bed for a good reason: working on my businessgoals!
What I do less in the coming time.
1) thinking of what to do.
2) working on other things then my business
3) looking at Facebook
4) looking at Instagram
5) surfing internet
6) being angry on stupid things
7) doing different tasks on one time.
8) look back
10) looking at others
First to do less: looking at social media, look back, thinking of what to do, just d… Read More
What I am going to do more:
1) make differents on the website
2) write content for the website
3) make more newsletters
4) hold meetings with my partner
5) looking for inspiration to what concurrent businesses do
6) contact partneraccommodations
7) make time for my family
8) cooking in the weekend
9) go out and wander or bike
10) early to bed
3 things first to… Read More
1) delegating bookholding
2) automate priortising work.
3) start webshop
4)writing a book
5) Organise a Oktoberfest
6) travels for disabled people
7) Bavarian evenings concept countrywide.
8) school and studytravelconcepts
9) organise travel and party for weddings
10) make coachingstravel possible
The first to do: point 1 and 2, that are alread… Read More
Day 3 and 4 and 5: I going to use Trello. That is an application that is usefull also when it comes to a teamwork en to other businesses and people. I found out that it is easy to interchange between parties. How I am going it to implement is to use the different methods/theories for prioritising and find out what fits me the best. I celebrate it this weekend even if it i… Read More
In replay to Jellie Banga
Hi Jellie, sounds as list of automation that makes your business direct better organised en all is in favorite of your clients. Good to hear that there are so much softwareprograms that I have never heart of. There can be done a lot automated, more then everyone could think till now. Succes this week! Gr. Peter
WHAT I want to automise:
1) sending regular newsletters.
2) posting facbookmessages.
3) also Instagramposts
4) inserting video, fotographs and animations in my website.
5)first answers to questions via my website.
6) posting regular blogs on the maillist
7) proces of introducing a new completed trip
8) marketing on social media
9) mailing and respons to clients… Read More
Why I automate things that I now do manually.
1) less errors in my work.
2) less things that I forget.
3) more balance in work and private life.
4) a regular schedule of doing thing every week or month or so.
5) get more time to WOMB .
6) have more fun to discover the possibilities of automation.
7) learning form different views on my business.
8) get out of the … Read More
In replay to Rens de Nobel
Hi Rens, respect for every point you can truly make it practical all those points! Your hows are that sharp formulated that I think they can be easily implemented. I can learn a lot of you.!
How to delegate. I recognise that it is difficult to find at this stage of my new business. But 3 of the tasks regarding the content of the new website, I can delegate to the one who is the fastest in this and the best. That is my websitedevelopper. A little hurdle is his hour fee of 60 euro…
Sorry, but who to delegate is a step that takes more time. Any way a small task but getting a lot of less negative energy: this Sunday I give the task of administration bills to sent to my accountant to my wife.
Hi Jellie, that’s a good start for delegating, with 2 new people in your business. And I like what you say: every day start 1 hour of delegating tasks.
I asked myself why it is that there are so many businessowners who hate the book keeping activities and making up the bills? I also hate it, but on the other way it is necessery to make money. It seems a contradiction. Maybe someone has a clear explanation?
I think you have plenty reasons to delegate! I saw your super motivation: doing the work that excites me! I think that’s the ultimate reason.
What do I like to delegate:
1) administration of paying bills.
2) Fill in website photo’s and keep the good formats.
3) Making an growing my businessplan together with me.
4) Weekly clean the house.
5) Cooking and do the kitchen 3 days a week.
6) Systemising incoming and outgoing emails.
7) E-commerce activities.
8) Seeking partners who are good to cooperate with…. Read More
In replay to Gerdy Heek
Hi Gerdy, thank you for your words. I really benefit last week from making time free for my business by making my business priority. Following that I now have first to succeed the procedure to get certified to take the next step so I can start to sell to my guests.
Reasons that come in my mind when asking why do I want to delegate in my business.
1) using expertise from others.
2) having time for working on my business.
3) to minimalize risks that cost my business.
4) use my network.
5) make my network bigger.
6) Learning from others to grow as entrepreneur. .
7) Getting inspired through others.
8) Having fun in cooperation w… Read More
In replay to Vered Neta
Thank you Vered for the nice words! I celebrate every weekend and have a the progress on my business is extra reason celebrate the free time! A new idea for me: find a new way to enjoy the succes.
1. I get it that to move on I need to do more consistent – everyday work on ideas.
2. The first step this week was listing small steps and block time for it on thursday. I need to do that to make progress. So I planned at least 4 hours of working on my business next week.
3. To produce ideas helps me out of the comfortlines of thinking.
4. I celebrate the good feeling that… Read More
In replay to Manny Moerman
Hoi Manny, thank you!
Great, thank you, that is an effective way!
Good evening, I have a more practical question. What is the easiest way to get all the questions and my answers and assignments together I have sent in through the comments? I have lost the overview a bit. Thank you very much in advance for your reaction!
How can I market my new business activities with a good feeling?
1. Take every day time to proceed the licensing procedure.
2. Make arrangements with supplier in the toeristregions.
3. Seek coöoperation.
4. Care for Public Relations.
5. Strenghen my personal believe in succes of the new business.
6. Test the website.
7. Make everyday a moment free to make certai… Read More
1. Enthusiastic person.
3. The tour operator for special trips to Bavaria.
4. I bring richness in the life of my clients/guests.
5. Better profit and awareness in the market.
6. Planning and organising.
7. Working a lot and earning nothing at the end.
8. Introducing the Bavarian evening event.
9. Do it what you want and less plan it all.
10. I don’t be… Read More
1. How to reach/focus on ideal clients/target group of potential clients
2. Profit margins.
3. Online presence.
1. Today I have a fulltime job. My business is starting. Just a few steps away from really getting on now. I want to give people pleasure and new energy to get on with their normal life. It brings me to happiness to do help, organise and learn people from their holiday.
2. I will have 2 locations, one abroad and 1 in Holland. Their I will manage 2 teams in our business. I… Read More
1. Big vision: to realise a happy time for thousands of people a year in the holidayregion Bavaria and to have a list of companies who love to work with us.
2. People who like to have a fully organised holiday with a group with the same sort of interesses.
3.The needs of the people are filled with a complete organisation and care of transportation, stay and entertainme… Read More