Education is 40 times more effective than sales!
Yep. Educating your prospects makes them 40 times more likely to buy from you than selling to them…
And this week, we’re going to make sure you’re focusing on educating them.
Let’s start with your MINDSET…
Forget about selling your product or service!
Focus on building trust, solving problems and educating your prospects and clients about THEIR pains, THEIR challenges and how to achieve THEIR goals.
Don’t worry about the sales – when people trust you and appreciate your advice, sales will flow naturally.
The best way to cut through the clutter is to ensure you are adding value to your prospects and clients at every touch point: when they open your emails, read your blog post, watch your video or download your e-book….
Every time you engage your prospects and clients – you should leave them wiser, more knowledgable, more inspired and more confident in your knowledge and expertise.
Additionally, showing them that you are here to meet their needs at every step of their journey, you will improve retention and keep them coming back to you time and time again, instead of going to your competitors.
Create content that puts THEM first
The key with educating your prospects and clients is to provide value at every stage. To do this you need to research THEIR needs and wants and create content that can match them.
And the easiest and most valuable content to create is one that answers their most burning questions.
These questions help you come up with effective educational content that offer detailed guidelines on the next actions they can/should take.
So, instead of selling, through your content you gradually build their expectation that something must change in their lives.
In other words, you create the need for your product, without directly promoting it.
Set your GOAL for this week…
Here’s a great goal for you:
I am going to demonstrate MY expertise by answering THEIR questions.
How’s that for a 5-day challenge?
Choose the STRATEGY you will use…
Here is the 5-step process you could follow in order to demonstrate your expertise:
- Come up with good questions THEY want answered
In the workshop My Expert Book – I will show you how to get those questions directly from THEM using two really cool tools.
For now, I’ll guide you how to find some good questions, without talking to THEM or using any research tool.
- Choose one question and create a template to answer it
You can create your own template or use mine…;
- Answer the question as a short social media text (+ image);
- Answer the question as a short video (max 5 minutes);
- Answer the question as a blog post (500-700 words).
PLAN your actions in your agenda…
Your next step is to physically plan this process in your agenda.
Plan to invest 10-15 minutes EVERY DAY in the coming 5 days to follow the process above.
The last day – writing a blog post might take you longer than 10-15 minutes, so use the extra couple of hours you reserved this week – to complete and polish your blog post.
Now it’s time to IMPLEMENT…
Take 10 minutes, right now, and…
- Day 1 – come up with at least 10 questions that answering them will deliver tons of value for them AND demonstrate your expertise;
Here are a few questions to get you started:
What is it that you don’t know about… (your area of expertise) which can hurt you?
E.g. What is it that you don’t know about speaking in public that can hurt your presentations the most?
What is the one bad habit (in your area of expertise) that is killing your…
E.g. What is the one bad communication habit that is killing your team moral…
What is the one change (in your area of expertise) which would make the most impact on reaching… (their goal).
E.g. What is the one change in the WAY you eat which would help you lose weight faster and easier…
- Day 2 – choose one question from yesterday and come up with an answer template.
You can use my template below by filling in the blanks or create one that fits you.
Part 1 – clarifying the question;
Part 2 – describing the prices and pain points;
Part 3 – one to 3 main take aways;
Part 4 – call to action.
- Day 3 – answer the question from yesterday using the template you created in a short social media format (up to 100-120 words + an attention grabbing, appropriate image);
Post this social media post on one of your social media channels and share the link to it in the comment box.
- Day 4 – record your answer on video (max 5 minutes) – but don’t be afraid to make a few takes before you’re satisfied.
Upload the video to YouTube as UNLISTED (so only people with the link could watch the video), and share the link to the video in the comment box.
- Day 5 – create a blog post to answer that question – 500-700 words.
If you have a blog, post it there. Otherwise you can post it on LinkedIn or Facebook. Share the link to it in the comment box.
Each day share with us in the comment box your ideas, actions and results.
My commitment to you…
- I’m looking forward to read your process and ideas below;
- I will be there for you on Wednesday to support you with any question, challenge or setback you encounter;
- I’m looking forward to celebrate your progress and results on Friday (I’m curious to hear the goal(s) and plan you’ll come up with).
Live fully, stay awesome,