Life is too short…
To keep investing your limited resources (time, energy, money…) in activities, tasks, strategies, ideas, products, clients and anything else that does NOT work…
This is true in your business, AND… in EVERY other area of your life.
This week, we’re going to do an…
Everything that doesn’t support you must go.
A quick reminder, to stay in the program, we expect you to participate fully in the program for the coming 6 weeks.
No stories. No excuses.
There are 6 more assignment weeks
You’ll have to do them ALL. FULLY!
There are 2 more Hot Seat sessions:
- November 10 – at 8pm
- December 8 – at 8pm
Make sure you are present.
Make sure you are asking a question.
There are 2 more bonus workshops:
- My Resilience Blueprint – November 24 – at 8pm
- Level Up My Business – December 22 – at 8pm
You do NOT have to join any of these… these workshops are OPTIONAL.
BUT… if you do choose to join any of them – each has an OBLIGATORY preparation assignment, which you MUST complete to attend.
So, again… choose wisely!
Assuming you’re committed to complete the program till the end…
Let’s start with…
Decluttering your business (and life)
You’ve already looked at the things that do not work (anymore) in your business, in last week’s assignment.
This week we’ll ask you to look again and create 3 action plans to declutter your business from whatever doesn’t deliver you results (anymore).
If your business is already a lean machine, or you’re just starting, take this week to declutter any area in your life where there are things that do not work.
Let’s start with your MINDSET…
The Pareto principle (80/20 rule) states that the majority of your results come from a small number of causes.
While the majority of causes will create only a tiny part of your results.
It’s time… to get rid of anything that doesn’t contribute (anymore) to your desired results.
Set your GOAL for this week…
Here’s a great goal for you:
I am going to get rid of anything that doesn’t work anymore.
How’s that for a 5-day challenge?
Choose the STRATEGY you will use…
Here is the 5-step process you could follow in order to achieve that goal:
- Identify all the tactics/strategies/products/actions/people that don’t produce results in your business (or in your life);
- Divide those into 3 lists – easy to eliminate, requires some effort to eliminate, difficult to eliminate;
- Eliminate all the items on your “easy to eliminate” list;
- Eliminate all the items on your “requires some effort to eliminate” list;
- Eliminate all the items on your “difficult to eliminate” list.
PLAN your actions in your agenda…
Your next step is to physically plan this process in your agenda.
Remember – the whole purpose of the Working ON Your Business (WOMB) program is to get you in the habit of investing EVERY DAY 10-15 minutes working ON your business…
So, my suggestion, don’t do all the exercises in one batch – but stick to the “schedule” I recommend… It will build the right habit, that would serve you for the rest of your business life.
Plan to invest 10-15 minutes EVERY DAY in the coming 5 days to follow the process above.
Now it’s time to IMPLEMENT…
Take 10-15 minutes, right now, and…
- Day 1 – Make a complete list of all the tactics, strategies, products, actions, people, etc… that don’t produce results in your business (anymore).
For example, in my business: Facebook and LinkedIn marketing produced zero ACTUAL results, we had several products (e.g. the resiliency training) that didn’t sell at all, and me blogging every week stopped delivering results a few years back…
If your business is a lean machine, or you’re just starting – pick up an area in your life – finances, relationships, health… and do the process in that area.
Post your list in the comment box.
- Day 2 – Divide your list from yesterday into 3 lists: easy to eliminate, requires some effort to eliminate, difficult to eliminate.
Post your 3 lists in the comment box.
- Day 3 – Eliminate all the items on your “easy to eliminate” list.
For example, my LinkedIn account brought me nothing (not that I ever tried to make it work). So… as I’m writing this, I logged in to LinkedIn and deleted my account.
That was easy, painless and quick (less than 45 seconds).
This is a hard assignment.
It’s hard to look at something you invest a lot of time, effort and possibly money, and honestly say “actually, it doesn’t work”.
But this is crucial…
You have limited resources (time, energy, money) and you must be able to identify, admit and “kill” non productive “weeds” in your business.
Please share what you eliminated in the comment box.
- Day 4 – Make a PLAN how to eliminate all the items on your “require some effort to eliminate” list and schedule the actions in your agenda.
For example, although I don’t use Facebook for years, I still have 4,500 “friends” and over 50,000 followers. So, I need to figure out how to get rid of it in a smart way.
I now set up a plan how to do it and my goal is to complete it by November 29.
Please share your plan and commitment in the comment box.
- Day 5 – Make a PLAN how to eliminate all the items on your “difficult to eliminate” list and schedule the actions in your agenda.
For example, at the beginning of the year we realized that 96% of our mailing list subscribers didn’t buy anything from us in the last 3 years. And yet, we kept delivering free value to all of them every SINGLE week.
The decision was clear… remove over 12,000 subscribers from our mailing list. But that wasn’t an easy decision to implement, and it took some planning and communication before it was completed around May (4 months later).
Please share your plan and commitment in the comment box..
Each day share with us in the comment box the lists you wrote.
My commitment to you…
- I’m looking forward to read your process and ideas below;
- I will be there for you on Wednesday to support you with any question, challenge or setback you encounter;
- I’m looking forward to celebrate your progress and results on Friday.
Live fully, stay awesome,