You have completed the first block of the Working ON My Business program – WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER…
I hope you already noticed how your thinking and working have changed (for the better). Now it’s time to use the mindset and strategies you learned in the last few weeks to start working on the next block of the program…
Your Ideal Clients – Part 1
To get you started with the process, please watch this Business University lesson: WHY Ideal Clients and How to Define Them:
Let’s start with your MINDSET…
WHY Ideal Clients?
In the video above I gave you 7 of MY reasons why I would choose to work with Ideal Clients…
This video was taken a few years ago, when I believed we should invest 80% of our energy, time and resources on the 20% of the clients we consider Ideal.
That’s no longer the way I see it, but it might be a very good starting point for you.
For full disclosure…
Today, we choose to work ONLY with Ideal Clients.
So, 100% of our energy, time, attention and other resources is dedicated to those that we consider our Ideal Clients.
And… if someone proves not to be an Ideal Client based on our new definition, we gently, but firmly let them go.
Our plan is to keep working with each Ideal Client for minimum of 5 years, supporting them through their business growth, and teaching them to become resilient and thrive in a world that becomes increasingly unstable by the minute.
And… Our plan is to stop ANY marketing or sales activities, so 100% of all new clients will come referred AND recommended by our current Ideal Clients.
It was scary to make this decision and commitment, and I can’t share yet about the long-term effects of it… but I can honestly say, that I have never been happier in my work and business relationships.
Take some time to think, IF introducing an Ideal Clients Strategy is a good idea for you and for your business, and if yes – become very clear on the WHY… and the WHO…
And if you decide to go for it, then…
Set your GOAL for this week…
Here’s a great goal for you:
I am going to become the Ideal Provider for my Ideal Clients.
How’s that for a 5-day challenge?
Choose the STRATEGY you will use…
If you have never clearly AND explicitly defined and communicated an Ideal Clients Strategy (or policy), here is the 5-step process you should follow:
- Find your compelling WHY
Why is it important for YOU to focus on Ideal Clients?
Some ideas are in the video, but make your own list;
- Define WHO is your Ideal Client
See our (Open Circles Academy) example in the video;
- Commit to your VIP Club/Inner Circle/Ideal Client Program
What part of your business will be serving only Ideal Clients?
E.g. 100%, 50%, 20%, only new clients, only for a specific product/service, etc…
- Transform your “everyone else” clients to Ideal Clients
What can YOU do to “push” those who are not yet Ideal Clients – to become more ideal…?
- Let go of your “flop” clients
How will you “get rid” of those flops?
E.g. say “goodbye” by the end of the year, say “goodbye” now, refer them to someone else, give them an “ultimatum” to change/take a certain action and if they don’t – say “goodbye”…
And again, we’re going to use… the Idea Generator
Remember – your brain is an answering machine… so each day of the week, we’ll give it another question (see the Implementation part below).
PLAN your actions in your agenda…
Your next step is to physically plan this process in your agenda.
Plan to invest 10-15 minutes EVERY DAY in the coming 5 days to follow the process above.
AND… You will need to plan 2-3 hours to actually implement the first phase of your Ideal Client Strategy.
Now it’s time to IMPLEMENT…
Take 10 minutes, right now, and…
- Day 1 – come up with at least 10 answers for why do you want to work with Ideal Clients and make a decision IF Ideal Clients is what you want to go for;
- Day 2 – come up with at least 10 ideas for WHO is your Ideal Client (qualities/behaviors) and choose the 3-5 qualities that are most important for you;
- Day 3 – come up with your commitment for Ideal Clients
E.g. from now on every new client must be an Ideal Client, or 50% or only for specific product/service, etc…
- Day 4 – come up with at least 10 ideas how to ‘transform’ your “everyone else” clients to Ideal Clients and choose your preferred strategy;
- Day 5 – come up with at least 10 ideas how to deal with your “flops” and choose your preferred strategy;
In your 2-3-hour Implementation Session – put it all together:
- Prepare your communication to your Ideal Clients (let them know that they are, and your plans for them) and commit to HOW and WHEN you’re going to send it;
- Prepare your communication to your “everyone else” clients (what steps you/they should take next) and commit to HOW and WHEN you’re going to send it;
- Prepare your communication to your “flops” (whatever you chose to do with them) and commit to HOW and WHEN you’re going to send it…
Each day share with us in the comment box your ideas, actions and commitment.
My commitment to you…
- I’m looking forward to read your process and ideas below;
- I will be there for you on Wednesday to support you with any question, challenge or setback you encounter;
- I’m looking forward to celebrate your progress and results on Friday (I’m curious to hear the strategy you’ll come up with).
Live fully, stay awesome,